Thursday, October 31, 2013

 
The Graffiti of Media Or The Vast Wasteland On The Developing Mindscapes of Children in The South Bronx Dreaming Of Going Where No One Has Ever Gone Before

 

Chapter One: It was a dark and stormy night.

 

Somewhere in the past, a Puerto Rican Vietnam veteran is shooting up Heroin made world famous in a song by Lou Reed. The ex-solder nods off in an abandoned building while a Puerto Rican WWII veteran looks out his window to a view of our town that takes him back to the ruins of Europe. From AM radio Frank Sinatra sings some people get their kicks from stomping on a dream. That’s life under the SS short for Savage Skulls, a Puerto Rican gang that roamed with Doberman Pinchers on streets spotted like leopards. This was home near The Bronx Zoo. Once upon a time, I carried Anne Frank in my arms in the falling shadows of bullies and burnt buildings. This is my journal.

 

 Hi.

 

I’m the hero of the story.

 

Captain America, other comic books and the Fortress of Solitude called The Hunt’s Point Public Library influenced my childhood. I’m a ten-year old who is going to change the world one day. Somewhere in the future, I would be given a homework assignment at NYU to create a tour book to draw people around the world to our town.  I was poor but wealthy with imagination like other special kids. I’m the Ritchie Rich of The South Bronx of America. Here’s my tour book.  And I did My Way on Win95/98. They’re heaps of junk to those with the new tech but to me works of genius that helped me draw what I was vaguely dreaming of creating. Word95 helped me recovered memories lost by head injuries due to a hate attack by The Dorm Nazi at NYU.

 

I died and went to Google Heaven. Now I’m dreaming wide-awake with super vision in cyberspace. No more Waiting For Super Man. Come fly with NYPL to Higher Education and find that fairy tales can come true if you’re young at heart, like Old Blue Eyes sang. 

New York, New York is so going to hear from my Jewish Lawyer. Revenge for me is just living well for other dreamers. Curtain falling over my eyes is a new beginning...

 

See you in the future on the first day of school.

 

Don’t be late.

 














 
http://lifeaftermedia.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment